Posted by Geraldine Mahood 10 months ago.
Happy November, everyone!
Holidays are not far away and it's important to carefully stage your home during the holidays.
Decorating your home for the holidays is a festive tradition but it's important that buyers are still able to imagine themselves living there. Here are a few seasonal staging tips to keep in mind:
- Curb Appeal Counts - A few lights and a tasteful wreath on the front door will elegantly accent your home. Remember to also display some photos of what you yard looks like during the summer months.
- First Impressions - Hallways are usually quite cramped and dark so remove any unnecessary items, ensure you have adequate lighting and keep decorations to a minimum.
- Deck the Halls (a little) - Too many decorations will make your home appear small and cluttered. Also, never decorate over architectural selling features.
- Bows & Bells - Put away wrapping paper, tape, ribbons, etc. before showings but don't just stuff them in your closets as buyers usually peek in cupboards to see how spacious they are.
- Holiday Cheer - Seasonal treats such as hot apple cider and holiday cookies will give your home a welcoming feel. It may even encourage buyers to stick around a little longer!
Although there are fewer buyers during the holiday season, they're usually more serious plus there aren't as many listings to compete with. Your home will show beautifully if you use decorations to draw attention to its best features. Just keep the decorations to a minimum so buyers aren't overwhelmed, distracted or turned off